It’s no secret that farming is not a financially lucrative enterprise. However, we believe that our mission to educate ourselves and our community on the importance of sustainable living is worth some sacrifices. If you would like to contribute to the farm, there are several ways in which to do so.
- Volunteer-We typically have one work party a month in which we tackle larger projects with groups of people from the community. We would love to see you at these events. Keep your eye on the events page for more information.
- Donate Materials-I’d like to think that we’re a creative and resourceful bunch who are capable of finding uses for reclaimed materials. 85% of our greenhouse was constructed from materials that would have entered the waste stream. So, shoot us an email if you have materials laying around that you would like to contribute to the farm.
- Donate Money-Nothing would make us happier than to not have to worry about money. However, the reality is that there are endless expenses in operating a farm and much fewer sources of revenue. No donation is too small, and every dollar is greatly appreciated.
- Buy Produce!-As a farm we do manage to grow a good amount of food and we would love to see it end up on your dinner table. During the growing season we typically have one day a week when we set up a table to display our harvest for the public. Stop by and check out what’s growing. Hours may fluctuate, so keep an eye on the blog for updates.
- Spread the Word-We’re here for the public. Our mission is to educate ourselves and others. So, tell your friends, family, co-worker, mailman, trashman, dentist, stylist, etc.
This year has been a great success thanks to the hard work of many individuals from an amazing community. Thank you for all that you do!